The flavour of these slow-roasted tomatoes is exquisite, and you don’t need chef-skills to achieve it. Make extra tomatoes to add to lunchtime salads. Serves 4
1 kg Roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
1 tsp dried basil
to taste salt and pepper
1 Tbsp olive oil
4 small (100g) porterhouse steaks
8 small knobs butter
1 head broccoli
300g green beans
- Preheat oven to 120 C. Spread the tomatoes on a baking tray, sprinkle with basil, salt and pepper, and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for up to 2 hours, or until the tomatoes are shrivelled a little and the edges browning.
- Meanwhile, rest the steaks at room temperature for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, Drizzle one side of each steak with a little oil.
- Heat a large skillet to high. cook the steaks for 4 minutes (for medium-well done).
- Preheat grill to high.
- Turn the steak and place the butter on top of the steaks. Grill until the steak is sizzling, about 4 minutes.
- Serve the steaks with the roasted tomatoes and steamed broccoli and green beans.