Suits all phases – Serves 4
1 tsp salt, divided
juice of 1 lemon
2 x 250g boneless, skinless wild salmon fillets
1 large yellow capsicum, seeded and finely chopped
2 Tbsp finely chopped red onion
1 Tbsp finely chopped chilli
1 Tbsp rinsed capers, finely chopped
3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
12 butter lettuce leaves
2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- In a large fry pan, bring 6 cups of water and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt to a boil. Add the lemon juice and gently slide the salmon into the boiling water. Reduce the heat to a low simmer and poach until the salmon is cooked through and opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the water and set aside to cool to room temperature, 5 to 10 minutes. When cooled, flake into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the capsicum, onion, chilli, capers, lime juice, oil, and 1⁄2 teaspoon salt and mix well.
- Gently fold the cool flaked salmon and coriander into the salad.
- Divide the lettuce leaves between four serving plates. Spoon a portion of the salmon salad onto each leaf. Top with the sliced avocado, fold the lettuce around the salmon and avocado to form a wrap, and then serve seam-side down.