1 fat | 1 protein
1 Tbsp oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1/4 tsp freshly minced garlic
500 g minced beef
1 dash Worcestershire sauce (2 – 3 teaspoons)
1 beef stock cube
1 pinch rosemary
1 pinch thyme
1 pinch oregano
1 pinch parsley
1 tsp gravy mix
1 fresh ground black pepper
1 cup water
1 tsp cornflour (if needed to thicken the mixture)
- Heat oil in a large pan over moderate heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute until the onion is translucent.
- Increase the heat and add the mince and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring frequently to break up any lumps until the mince is browned. Drain and fat.
- Add the crumbled stock cube, herbs, gravy powder, and pepper, stirring to ensure the mixture is well combined so that the addition of water does not form lumps. Slowly add the water to the mince mixture, stirring continuously.
- Bring to the boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 20 mins, stirring occasionally.
- If the mince needs thickening, combine the cornflour with a little cold water and add to the mince mixture, stirring to combine thoroughly.
- Serve with steamed vegetables.