Suits ICT Reset 1-4
- 1 large bunch silver beet
- 25g butter
- 1 brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 (270ml can) coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Rinse silver beet, shaking off excess water. Slice into 2cm slices, separating the stems from the leaves.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock, cauliflower and silver beet stems. Cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 8 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add silver beet leaves and cook for 5 minutes or until wilted.
- Using a food processor or stick blender, process soup in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Place over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup of coconut milk, nutmeg and cayenne pepper, stir, and bring to boil.
- To serve, ladle into cups. Drizzle with remaining coconut milk. Season with cayenne pepper to taste.
As a main this soup is delicious with grilled or steamed fish.