2 bunches silver beet
1 brown onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups gluten-free vegetable stock
1/2 (700g) cauliflower, cut into florets
1 (270ml) can coconut milk
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1 pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Rinse silver beet, shaking off excess water. Slice into 2cm slices, separating the stems from the leaves.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add stock, cauliflower and silver beet stems. Cover and bring to the boil. Cook for 8 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.
- Add silver beet leaves and cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Using a food processor or blender, process soup in batches, until smooth. Return soup to saucepan. Place over medium heat.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk, nutmeg and cayenne pepper. Bring to gentle simmer. Ladle into cups. Drizzle with remaining coconut milk. Season with cayenne pepper to taste.