There’s something special about the way eggs can rise up so well, and this easy frittata with spinach and bacon looks and tastes amazing. Serves 2-3
3 eggs, separated
1 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 Tbsp butter, for the pan
1/3 cup cooked spinach
3 rashers short-cut bacon, diced
to taste, salt and pepper
- Preheat grill to hot. Beat the egg whites in a bowl with a nice pinch of salt until nice peaks form.
- In a smaller bowl, beat egg yolks and the melted butter.
- Add the egg yolks and filling to the whipped whites. Add pepper to taste, and use a spatula to gently fold the ingredients until incorporated, taking care not to overmix.
- Place an ovenproof skillet over moderate heat on stove top, and melt 1 Tbsp butter. Add the frittata mixture and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Transfer to the grill for about 10 minutes, or until fluffy and browned on top.