Buffalo wings are an American favourite, and this recipe is super-tasty as well as healthy. And as a young friend discovered, despite the name you do actually use wings from chickens and not buffaloes. Serves 8-10
1.5 kg chicken wings or drummettes
1/2 cup butter
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp sweet paprika
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
4 Tbsp Tabasco sauce, or more for a spicier sauce
- Pat the chicken dry and refrigerate to dry completely. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 230 C.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir in the garlic, paprika, vinegar and Tabasco. Remove from heat. Pour 1/4 of the sauce into a small bowl and pour the remaining sauce into a large bowl and set aside.
- Line an oven tray with baking paper or foil. Place the chicken on a wire rack and brush with 1/4 of the sauce. Place the chicken above the lined baking tray in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer the chicken into the large bowl with the remaining sauce and stir to coat.
- Serve with steamed vegies.