Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: 1 protein, 1 vegetable
2 tsp olive oil
500g lean minced beef
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1-2 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
2 Tbsp water
1-2 heads iceberg lettuce
zest from one large lime
juice from one large lime (about 1 1/2 Tbsp juice)
1/4 cup thinly sliced spring onion
1/2 cup chopped coriander
- Heat the oil in a fry pan over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook until it’s starting to brown, breaking up the lumps as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, mix together the fish sauce, Sriracha sauce, and water in a small bowl.
- Remove the outer leaves of the lettuce, cut out the core and cut the lettuce into quarters. Divide the quarters into ‘cups’ of a few leaves to hold the beef mixture.
- When the beef is done, add the Sriracha sauce mixture and let it sizzle until the water has evaporated, stirring to get the flavor mixed through the meat. Turn off the heat and stir in the lime zest, lime juice, spring onions, and coriander.
- To serve, place the iceberg ‘cups’ on serving plates and fill with the meat mixture. Wrap the lettuce around the meat and eat with your hands.