2 Tbsp olive oil
4 small Scotch fillet steaks
1 red onion, sliced
8 button mushrooms, sliced
½ cup red wine
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Heat half the olive oil in a large fry pan over medium heat. Cook the steaks for 6 minutes, then turn and cook a further three minutes or until done to your liking. Set aside and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil to the pan along with the onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are starting to brown.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes to brown.
- Add the wine and vinegar to the onion mixture and stir, scraping any bits from the pan. Bring to the boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Place the steaks on serving plates and top with the onion mixture. Serve with steamed cauliflower and snow peas or asparagus.