800g diced beef
4 tomatoes, chopped
1 onion, diced
1 Tbsp black peppercorns
2 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp chopped basil
3 bay leaves
3 cups water
to serve, fresh basil leaves
- Slice or dice kidneys to the same thickness as the beef.
- Place all ingredients in a saucepan, and heat on stovetop until water begins to boil.
- Once the stew is boiling, reduce heat and simmer for an hour with the lid off.
- After an hour, bring the stew back to the boil until the liquid is at desired thickness.
- Serve topped with some fresh basil.