Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, vegetable, fat, dairy
- 4 medium zucchini
- 500g minced beef
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/2 cup spring onions, chopped
- 4 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Remove the ends of the zucchini and slice lengthways along the middle. Scoop out the centre portion of the zucchini with a spoon, chop and set aside. Microwave the zucchini ‘boats’ on high for 3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the seasoning ingredients.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat. Add the minced beef and cook, stirring occasionally and breaking the beef up, for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add the chopped zucchini to the beef. Stir, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 190ºC. Add the seasoning to the meat and zucchini. Add 2 Tbsp of water if needed and mix thoroughly until fully combined.
- Brush a baking tray with oil and place zucchini boats on the tray. Fill the boats with the meat mixture and cover each with grated cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes, then top with a dollop of sour cream and chopped spring onions. Add sliced black olives, chopped tomatoes, mashed avocado, and onions if you like.