650g chicken thigh mince
1/2 red onion, finely chopped
1 Salt and pepper
2 Tbsp tandoori paste
1 Handful chopped coriander leaves
1 Olive oil
6 slices cheddar or tasty cheese
2 Tbsp mayonnaise
2 Tbsp Greek yoghurt
2 green chillies, sliced finely
3 spring onions, finely sliced
1 Pinch salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/4 bunch coriander, chopped
1/4 bunch mint, chopped
1/4 bunch parsley, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
- Combine the chicken, onion, egg, salt and pepper, tandoori paste and coriander leaves in a bowl and mix together with your hands. Form into 6 patties.
- Preheat BBQ or fry pan to high. Dribble a little oil onto each patty and place on the BBQ for 6 – 8 minutes, turning after 4 minutes.
- Make the salsa by combining the last 8 ingredients.
- Combine the mayonnaise and yoghurt.
- To serve, layer the burgers with a slice of cheese, a dollop of the mayonnaise/yoghurt mixture, and finally the salsa mixture. Serve with a green salad.