ICT Reset: Suits all phases
Great Shape: protein, fat, dairy
- 2 medium zucchinis, finely shredded
- 150gm bacon, finely cut
- 3 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1 Spanish onion, chopped finely
- 3 eggs whisked
- Coconut oil
- Place the shredded zucchini in a sieve, and salt. Toss and then drain for 1 hour. Transfer to a tea towel and squeeze out all moisture.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium and cook the bacon until crunchy.
- In a bowl, whisk together the desiccated coconut, minced garlic, chilli flakes and pepper. Stir in the bacon, crumbled feta and chopped onion.
- Add the zucchini and whisked eggs to the bowl and mix all ingredients together. Use your hands to form the mixture into 6 patties.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat, and when hot, add the fritters and cook until golden brown on one side, 4-5 minutes. Carefully flip over and cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Drain on a paper towel before serving.
Serve with any or all of the following:
- Mixed green salad
- Smoked salmon
- Poached eggs